Thursday, March 8, 2012

Potato and Watercress Soup

  I bought 3 bunches of watercress from the Asian market and about the only thing that I wanted to do with it was make a soup!  So, I did.  I did a little research and found this recipe online.  It's pretty basic, but I wanted to make sure the flavor of the watercress came through.  Like always, I made a few changes of my own.  :)




Potato and Watercress Soup  (makes 2 dinner servings or 4 app servings)
  • 4 sm/med potatoes
  • 1 bunch of watercress
  • 3c water/stock
  • s/p
  1. Clean up the potatoes and chop them up.
  2. Boil them for about 15m in the stock, and then add the watercress
  3. After it has wilted a bit, blend up the soup in a food processor.
  Voila!  Pretty easy and very tasty.  Perfect on a cold night or any time if you are like me and love soup!  I went w/ 3c of stock, b/c I like my soup to be hearty and creamy, but if you prefer a more soupy soup than just add a few more cups of stock.

No comments:

Post a Comment