Saturday, March 3, 2012

Hello World!

  Hmm...  so, I've tried blogging before, and it didn't work out too well.  haha  I'm not sure if that had to do with the amount of time it took to write/upload photos or if it was b/c of the low amount of traffic.  I guess that is what happens when you buy your own domain.  :/  So, we'll give it a try again on blogspot.  :)  That is the royal we, of course.  haha  I'm mostly interested in cooking, baking, and the beginnings of a permaculture gardening.  If any of that interests you, stay tuned.  ;)

  Here's an example of an everyday lunch.




 Couscous is the ultimate "fast-food" lunch/dinner.  I usu. measure out about 1c of dry couscous (creates 2-3 servings), toss it in a bowl and pour boiling water over it just covering the grains.  Then put a lid on top and let it rest and absorb the water while I get the rest of the goodies for the salad ready.  The above salad contained: cooked, cubed beets, pinto beans, chopped romaine, evoo and lemon juice, homemade vegan feta (that'll have to be another post), and sesame seeds/salt/pepper/cumin.  It tasted so delicious and had this beautiful pink color!  :)   I'm big on taste and texture when it comes to my cous, the lettuce created a great crunch and for some wacky reason, I really loved the taste of cumin in this salad.

  Now, some may think this sounds like a lot of ingredients and some prep work.  But, having had the beans and beets already cooked, it's pretty easy to just throw them in and create a quick lunch.  Typically, lunches like these aren't photo worthy in my mind, but it was just so tasty and beautiful that I was really inspired.  Hope I inspired you, too.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment